The Goddess is coming and she’s ready for blood… Of course, I’m referring to the Serpent Queen herself!
She first made an appearance in March 2015 when we released the first edition of The Snake’s Heart for Swords & Wizardry Whitebox. But it’s time to update it for Mazes & Perils and we are taking this opportunity to give it a shiny new look.
The new version will be released sometime in March 2017 featuring art from a number of artists (starting in the upper left corner and going clockwise):
- Peter Saga has done a couple of awesome pieces. You can check out his gallery page here.
- Kris McDermott took our sorry excuse for a village map and made it beautiful. You can check out more of his work at gametilewarehouse.com and he has a Kickstarter going now that offers 400+ amazing map designs. Check it out here.
- Del Teigeler did two pieces for the adventure featuring the Goddess herself. His art can be found in many fantastic places, including his blog and the recent Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E Kickstarter.
- George Fields has redone my dungeon maps and improved them with some artistic flair. You can check out his blog for reviews and a list of some of his editing work, which he also did for this adventure.
- And Robert Denton is not only working on the layout for this adventure, but has done some work to update the Moebius Adventures logo for 2017. You can check out SpookyElectricOnline.com for a great look at his body of work.
The adventure is currently in playtesting with a few groups and we are finalizing a few things as we work through the layout, but I’m seriously over the moon at how well this adventure is coming together. It’s definitely been a group effort and is a sign of things to come. I only hope that you all enjoy it as much as we do!
Stay tuned for more as we get closer to release time!
In the meantime, here’s a love letter of art from the Goddess. 🙂
If you want to check out the old version of the adventure, stop by our store to pick up a copy!