One Spot #3: Dolothar's Shrine
Nestled on a corner at the edge of the slums lies a squat, rectangular building with two sets of double-doors, well maintained with coats of fresh paint. Signs above the doorways feature a mortar and pestle with bandages on the left and two seated silhouetted figures eating at a
table on the right.
Injured? Ill? Hungry? Dolothar’s Shrine offers help to all who enter.
No matter what system you use for your games, being a game master is a perilous pastime. As soon as the players arrive with their PCs at the ready, your well-formulated plans can go off-the-rails at a moment’s notice. If you have somewhere to put the PCs for a bit while you ponder your options, it can smooth things out considerably.
If you’re in need of such a location on short notice,One Spot is for you! Each product in the line focuses on a different location you can easily drop into any fantasy town or city. Instantly you have a place with NPCs, descriptive text, plot hooks, and more to give you the tools you need to quickly populate a place your PCs can interact with.
One Spot #3 presents a small shrine to a god of healing dedicated to helping the poor people of town, complete with a mysterious priest (Dolothar) with his helpers, building map, images, and more. One Spot #3: Dolothar’s Shrine is another great tool to include in your bag of GM tricks!
One Spot #3: Dolothar’s Shrine offers:
- An introduction, location description, shrine map, and images of the signs above the doors.
- A bit of background on Dolothar himself, his mannerisms, and a picture.
- Descriptions for the other NPCs involved in operating the store, including his second-in-command Silea Anez, three sisters stopped here on their pilgrimage, and more.
- A suggestion of how the shrine operates, what services are offered, and more.
- A list of hooks (4 tables of hints) for how one or more of the PCs may have interacted with the shrine previously.
- Plus tables for needed medical supplies, sermon topics, diners, patients, and topics of conversation heard during meals.
This is the latest in a series of short (2-5 page), system-neutral supplements from Moebius Adventures designed to provide easy locations to drop into your fantasy campaign, complete with hooks, NPCs, and a few surprises.
First, this is the first Moebius Adventures product to feature the work of another designer – please welcome George Fields to the Moebius family! He is a regular Hackmaster GM and a huge fan of Kenzer & Company, plus has created a few products of his own for Geocentric Designs.
Second, this is the first One Spot product to be expanded from 2 pages to 5! Extra details and tables provide even more detail about this location to drop into your fantasy campaign world!
Third, Dolothar’s Shrine is the first One Spot product to include both a portrait-aligned document and a landscape-aligned document. Both versions are included in the price!