So your PCs have gone to the market to pick up some last minute things for their next adventure… Rope, a few extra arrows, some trail rations, and an 11-foot pole when a 10-foot one simply won’t do. You could simply say “Ok, that’ll be 4 gold, 2 silver, and 3 copper, don’t forget to mark them off your character sheet.” Or you could offer a richer environment for roleplaying with a marketplace to explore. Imagine haggling with the store clerk over that 11-foot pole’s price. “Why’s it cost more than a 10-foot pole?” And then the real fun begins…
But without NPCs in the marketplace to interact with, that can get a little dull. That’s where Insta-NPCs #10: Caveat Emptor comes in.
Caveat Emptor features include:
- 8 tables offering thousands of unique combinations of buyers and sellers in a marketplace setting
- 15 examples of NPCs created for fantasy, science fiction, and horror genres
- 2 revamped tables showing how to use the product as-is for science fiction as well as fantasy
- 1 worksheet for printing the whole process on a single page to use later
- Nearly 6,000 words of material across 13 pages (10 pages of content)
All in a system-neutral, rules-neutral format for use with all your favorite games!
Caveat can be used for any setting or system. Need a market for a science fiction, fantasy, horror, or western adventure? I bet this will help!
This is the next in a series of short, system-neutral supplements from Moebius Adventures designed to encourage more creative descriptions in your games. Be sure to check out everything else that’s available to stimulate your imagination!
Need more inspiration? Check out the series of posts created using this product to describe the Medieval Market map from Dramascape!