April has slipped by like a storm in the night and here are a few of the footprints left behind…
What did we do?
Unfortunately, not much that we can really point to and say “We made this!” – at least not yet. We finished up the editing of Mazes & Perils Deluxe and added some missing bits our editors found. And on April 30 I submitted the cover and interior PDFs to the DriveThruRPG site so we could get our physical, softcover proof taken care of. I should have that in my hands later today if the USPS site holds true to form.
Hopefully I’ll be able to record another “box opening” video and explore the proof with you.
We’ve also sent out the final PDF to Erik Tenkar over at Tenkar’s Tavern, so hopefully he can give it a once over and offer his opinions. He still seems excited to dive in, so hopefully he’ll enjoy it.
Beyond that, we had some fun posts…
- The Legacy of Fools was my April Fools’ Day post, offering a different take on the holiday.
- We had an Infinity Loop post detailing our work in March 2016.
- Keith Byers offered a few more alignment traits to explore with his posts on Neutral and Dark Side traits for the Scrolls from the Studious Sage series.
- I offered a few more ideas for your next dungeon design with “Why is the Dungeon there in the First Place?” and “Denizens in the Dark.”
- On Earth Day I offered some strange ideas on conservation of energy in fantasy worlds with “Alternative Earth(s) Day.”
- Plus I offered a strange dream-inspired “Glimpse of Giants” and some musical weather inspiration with “Stormy Weather” for the April blog carnival.
Hopefully you’ll find a few fun things in there to mine for your own campaigns!
What’s up next?
Moebius MacGuffins: Blades has stalled with all the time I’ve put into M&P, but I hope to restart it soon. In its place I have been updating a 1st-level adventure for Mazes & Perils Deluxe. Who knows what weirdness lies within the Howling Mines of Khezek? Whatever it is, can’t be good. 🙂
Mazes & Perils Deluxe will be out in just a few weeks, so stay tuned for that!
What about the traffic?
We seem to have dropped off a bit with traffic in April, not quite hitting 1,000 hits as we did in March.
- Old Blog – 202 page views, 180 unique visits, 172 first time visits, and 8 returning visits.
- New site – 990 page views, 786 unique visits, 651 first time visits, and 135 returning visits.
- Totals = 1192 page views, 966 unique visits, 823 first time visits, and 143 returning visits.
Not a bad month – we did about the same as in February. If we hold around this 1,000 page view mark for the rest of the year, I’ll be very happy. We didn’t see close to these numbers last year. We’ve had 🙂
And What about Sales?
Short answer was there weren’t many. We had fewer than 60 downloads across the board, but the Insta-NPCs product line continues to lead the way as far as continued interest. 23 of the 45 downloads from OneBookShelf were from that product line alone. Once I get these other projects out of the queue (a few adventures and the M&P book) we’ll see what I can do to fire that up again. 🙂
Thanks for your patience as I work through some of these longer projects. And, as always, thank you for being a fan of Moebius Adventures. I appreciate every page view and product download, so thanks for your continued support! Hopefully our products aid your games in some fantastic way!